Business Continuity Analyst
Business Continuity Analyst (Remote)
The Business Continuity Analyst is a member of the Business Continuity Management team who is assigned the overall responsibility for co-coordination of the recovery planning program including testing and maintenance of recovery plans.
This position will be coordinating with technical subject matter experts across the organization to create and incorporate plans and procedures for restoration of mission-critical business applications in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, etc. They will be conducting Business Impact Analysis to predict the consequences of disruptions of business functions to create plans and processes for new recovery strategies, as well as RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective) analysis. They will host business continuity exercises, create post-exercise reports, train staff in disaster recovery plans and response efforts, and provide recommendations for protection, recovery, and resilience strategies. They will also participate in the activation of these plans when a business or IT operation disruption occurs.
Reports to: Director of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Participate in assessments of the impact of potential disruptions in IT services (on premise and hosted), including declaring a disaster and activating the IT DR plan.
- Assist with the execution and completion of all BC and DR test activities.
- Work with business unit management and various teams across OSG to coordinate all BC/DR activities.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and emergency response.
- Evaluate content of contingency plans to ensure compliance with established corporate framework.
- Act as the first point of escalation for all BC/DR related matters.
- Conduct analysis and monitors the effectiveness of testing and maintenance programs for all contingency planning functions.
- Provides periodic management reporting and status based upon the results of tracking compliance with plan submissions and business recovery testing.
- Identifies and quantifies the potential impact of various disruptions and disaster scenarios. Makes recommendations and elevates to management.
- Provides training, maintenance, and support for approved contingency planning tools and plans. Shares information on enterprise continuity processes, standards, and initiatives.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Keep abreast of latest BC and DR trends, best practices, and technologies.
- 4+ years of experience as a Business Continuity Coordinator Analyst.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Computer sciences, Information Technology, or business-related degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery discipline preferred.
- Experience with BIA (Business Impact Analysis)
- Experience with RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective)
- Project Management or leadership experience
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and consistently with little direct supervision in planning and organizing his/her work.
- Experience with one or more BCM/Recovery/Storage tools such as: Zerto, Rubrik, Dell RecoverPoint, ServiceNow BCM, Fusion Risk Management, MaestroRS + Solid understanding of engineering and operating resilient modern application/data/infrastructure architectures and knowledge of business continuity, risk, and major incident management frameworks (aligned to ISO and NIST standards and guidelines)
- A tenacious drive for results, utilizing sound project management, organizational, information systems and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take appropriate, calculated risks and can approach issues in an open-minded, innovative, and creative manner.
- Attentive to the day-to-day issues impacting performance and have the self-confidence to be an effective delegator.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) (CBCP) or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) is preferred, Associate Business Continuity Professional (ACBP) (ABCP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (CISSP), Facilities Management Professional (FMP) (FMP), or progress towards business continuity planning certification is preferred.
- Requires about 25% travel domestically
- Vacation Time
- Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
- Flexible Spending Account available
- 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.