Digital Print Operator
Digital Print, Laser Operator - Second Shift
Gabriel Group is an industry leader in developing integrated marketing campaigns that simply and accurately communicate the right message at the right time. We specialize in strategy development, creative services, data analysis and production in order to create and manage successfully innovative programs from start to finish for our partners around the world.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are dedicated to succeeding within a positive team environment in order to serve our clients in the most outstanding way possible. To join us at Gabriel Group, you must have the heart of a champion, display a knack for collaboration and be a driving force for good. We thrive on the passion of our people, and we want you to be one of them.
We are currently seeking a Digital Print, Laser Operator - Second Shift for our Digital Print Department.
- Making equipment and computer interface adjustments required to run various sizes, weights of paper stock and imposing layout structure.
- Handling maintenance and equipment problems, making minor machine repairs, placing equipment service calls and interacting with service providers.
- Maintaining files relating to duplicating work performed.
- Printing materials as directed on print work orders.
- Monitoring equipment during operation to maintain copy quality.
- Assist with all finishing duties related to UV coating, booklet-making, and various folding/scoring projects.
- Use knowledge of PC-based processing using Windows to perform daily tasks.
- Understand, complete and verify all necessary paperwork for appropriate task/job or as deemed necessary.
- Maintain acceptable production speeds on all machines.
- Check and verify printed output against sample to key information and indicators.
- Maintain a high degree of quality on printed output by performing routine sample checks and inspecting output for deletions and spots.
- Perform duties safely and maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Maintain a clean work area, recycling appropriate materials.
- Maintain excellent product quality through all phases of production, focusing on the importance of quality service, continuous improvement and total customer satisfaction.
- Use sound ethical principles, striving to work harmoniously; always mindful to have a positive effect on everyone they come in contact with including co-workers, clients, suppliers and prospects.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Working knowledge of digital printing procedures.
- Experience with Xerox Nuvera and DocuTech imagers. (Preferred)
- A mechanical background, the ability to work independently and good working knowledge of computers.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and have reliable attendance.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as you will be directly interacting with the account management group/sales group and other production departments to ensure the job is done right and out the door on time.
- The ability to train an individual with mechanical ability, computer knowledge and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, 401K, and flexible spending accounts
- Ongoing opportunities for development and career advancement based on merit, not tenure
- The chance to contribute to the Gabriel Group culture through various associate-run committees
- A paid four-week sabbatical after every six years of service
- The opportunity to work in a creative, comfortable, progressive, and fun environment
Gabriel Group is an equal opportunity employer that will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Background checks and drug screen is required prior to employment.
For more information about Gabriel Group and what we do, please visit our website at www.gabrielgroup.com.