Quality Control Specialist
Quality Control Specialist - Second Shift
Gabriel Group is an industry leader in developing integrated marketing campaigns that simply and accurately communicate the right message at the right time. We specialize in strategy development, creative services, data analysis and production in order to create and manage successfully innovative programs from start to finish for our partners around the world.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who are dedicated to succeeding within a positive team environment in order to serve our clients in the most outstanding way possible. To join us at Gabriel Group, you must have the heart of a champion, display a knack for collaboration and be a driving force for good. We thrive on the passion of our people, and we want you to be one of them.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Specialist - Second Shift for our Production Department.
The Quality Control Specialist/Inspector conducts a variety of audits on printed, folded, inserted mailing pieces, and manually inserted pieces to ensure jobs are completed according to customer specifications and in accordance with company policy and standard operating procedures.
- Meets daily objectives set by the Quality Control Manager.
- Reads job tickets and understands job specifications.
- Audits first piece sign offs for operators before starting to run a job.
- Randomly audits jobs and documents the results.
- Confers with production to stop a production process if a quality issue is found during the inspection process.
- Reviews and audits finished work for accuracy and completeness with regards to customer requirements and postal regulations.
- Documents information for internal quality issues when found.
- Participate and support continuous improvement objectives.
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision and follow instructions of Manager/Supervisor.
- Performs duties as needed to keep the work area clean.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED), and 1 to 2 years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10-30 pounds. The position also requires standing for extended periods of time.
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, 401K, and flexible spending accounts
- Ongoing opportunities for development and career advancement based on merit, not tenure
- The chance to contribute to the Gabriel Group culture through various associate-run committees
- A paid four-week sabbatical after every six years of service
- The opportunity to work in a creative, comfortable, progressive, and fun environment
Gabriel Group is an equal opportunity employer that will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Background checks and drug screen is required prior to employment.
For more information about Gabriel Group and what we do, please visit our website at www.gabrielgroup.com.