Accounts Payable Clerk
An AP Purchasing Clerk is in charge of completing various tasks, usually clerical in nature, related to the issuing of purchase orders, organizing receiving documents, and entering invoices into accounting system for payment.
- Preparing or editing purchase orders from various departments
- Placing orders with suppliers or vendors and ensuring that documentation is in order with terms and conditions being clear.
- Maintaining a filing system in the AP / Purchase department and updating appropriate records when required.
- Inspecting consignment paperwork to verify if they are in order and as per agreed terms.
- Matching, batching, and entering direct and indirect payables into accounting system.
- other accounting tasks as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- In depth knowledge or accounting and mathematics.
- Ability to work with computers and softwar such as Microsoft Excel, as well as data processing skills, are valued.
- Good communication skills to deal with people internal to the ocmpany as well as with suppliers, shiopping agents, courier companies and sometimes government officials.
- Legal know how, pertaining to the job.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma and some previous experience and/or accounting course work at the college level.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.