Director, Planning and Performance
Role: Director, Planning and Performance
- Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
- Location: Remote (Denver, CO) / Production Facility
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $115,000
- Bonus: 10%
Clients across a variety of industries turn to OSG to make the most out of their client interactions, resulting in improved working capital & deeper customer relationships. Leveraging a blend of managed service and technology solutions including transactional communications, payments and marketing services, OSG transforms interactions allowing clients to benefit from expertise, operational scale and proprietary data that delivers a frictionless partnership focused on simplicity, reliability & innovation. At the center of our business is EverView™, an integrated platform to link together the moments that matter in promotion, presentment and payment in an omni-channel manner.
In this newly created role, you will be part of the Operations leadership team and responsible for ensuring that capacity is optimized across all facilities and analyzing local and overall production performance to identify opportunities for improvements in reliability, quality and productivity. You will also support client onboarding activities by identifying target facilities for new products/clients and setting production standards.
Core Role Responsibilities
• Leading and directing a team in the delivery of the planning and performance across OSG production facilities.
• Producing and utilizing statistical models to forecast demand within an agreed tolerance; based on sales forecast and previous performance data taking into consideration client trends, spikes, volume growth & erosion.
• Building schedules that ensure the right balance of skill set and labor mix (direct labor and agency) maximizing productivity and minimizing overtime spend.
Maximize asset utilization across all sites. Develop the concept of “one team” and fully implement site interoperability.
• Create “Air Traffic Control” center to monitor live performance, providing real-time updated schedules to correct for production failures and other deviations from daily plan.
• Lead the team to define standard capacity plans across the business that are based on forecasted customer demand (sales forecast), taking into account the product mix.
• Providing analysis on actuals vs plan. Highlighting trends and opportunities to drive reliability, quality and productivity improvements.
• Setting machine targets for optimal efficiency and resource utilization. Conduct benchmarking and analysis of asset performance.
• Working in partnership with Production facility directors, provide insights for continuous improvement, sustainable efficiencies and production cost control to help define priorities and action plans. Monitor and report the progress against these action plans
• Provide regular reports/analysis to support production leadership.
Qualifications, Education and Licensing
• Experience in balancing a dual role leading and developing a team in manufacturing planning and performance while serving as an individual subject matter expert reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
• Experience of having worked in a planning/scheduling/performance environment.
• Experience in program and project planning, including program controls, project review, and/or cost and risk analysis.
• Able to lead through influence, including peers and functional leaders, with sound data analysis to effectively deploy assigned initiatives
• Process ownership mentality and approach within domain of control and influence
• Continuous improvement and project management skills.
• Advanced Excel skills with working knowledge of other Microsoft tools including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Technical mindset with the ability to overlay data and physical reality.
• Excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence methodologies and tools with a sound understanding of the application of statistical methodologies.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand both the bigger picture and detailed view simultaneously
• Clear and effective communicator
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment to ensure targets are met
• Proven ability to make independent decisions and work as part of a team
• Trained and accredited to Green Belt standard in Continuous Improvement techniques, e.g. Lean, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma (desirable)
• Travel as needed to deploy projects, train and development operational leaders
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
- Flexible Spending Account available
- 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.