Print & Mail Inspection Clerk
OSG is a global provider of leading customer engagement and payment solutions. We help clients integrate critical customer interactions to optimize working capital and drive profitable business growth. Our solutions aim to connect the entire customer experience by aligning transactional, payment, and marketing touchpoints for simplified operations and smarter engagement. Plugging into the power of our innovative technology and data-driven insights, we curate tailored, digital-first strategies for a range of industries. The goal: to modernize processes and create frictionless experiences. Our clients benefit from a partnership that values simplicity, security, and connectivity—for today's environment and tomorrow's innovation.
OSG captures the moments of intersection between transactional, payment, and marketing services to holistically engage customers across platforms. We create more connected customer experiences by simplifying your business processes; transforming your operations; and unifying all communication touchpoints. Our comprehensive solutions embrace the modern consumer’s lifecycle, streamline the payment process, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
We are seeking a talented Print & Mail Inspection Clerk to join our team to help support and facilitate our growth and expansion of services.
We offer sign on bonus, benefits and growth!
2nd & 3rd Shift
The Print & Mail Inspection Clerk conducts a variety of audits on printed, folded, inserted mailing pieces and manually inserted pieces to ensure jobs are completed according to customer specifications and in accordance with company policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Meets daily objectives set by the Quality Control Manager / Quality Control Supervisor
· Reads job tickets and understands job specifications.
· Audits first piece sign offs for operators before starting to run a job.
· Randomly audits jobs and documents the results.
· Confers with production to stop a production process if a quality issue is found during the inspection process.
· Reviews and audits finished work for accuracy and completeness with regards to customer requirements and postal regulations.
· Documents information for internal quality issues when found.
· Participate and support continuous improvement objectives
· Ability to work on own with minimal supervision and follow instructions of Manager/Supervisor.
· Performs housekeeping duties as needed to keep the work area clean and clear of debris.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, and 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The position also requires to stand for extended periods.
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
- Flexible Spending Account available
- 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.