The Production Supervisor is responsible for monitoring daily tasks within the department and insuring quality print output is achieved. Specific areas of responsibility and standards of performance (bullet points) are listed below and must be performed in accordance with company policy, Standard Operating Procedures, and safety policies. This employee is responsible for confidentiality & security as described in the Diamond confidentiality agreement and security policies signed annually.
Shift and Pay:
· 1st Shift
· $22-$25 an hour
· Demonstrates considerable knowledge of company mail processes and work flow.
· Possess a strong knowledge of equipment used within the print warehouse.
· Possess a strong knowledge of industry specific terms.
· Possess a strong knowledge of print machines and print techniques.
· Familiar with internal software systems used within print.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Oversee staff in print production, delegating tasks accordingly.
· Work with other department managers & vendors to ensure successful timely accurate completion of print projects.
· Maintain employee schedules.
· Communicate departmental goals with staff.
· Provide feedback for employee reviews.
· Maintain vendor relationships, order print supplies, and maintain print supply inventory.
· Provide monthly reports of laser volume and output.
· Coordinate machine maintenance and report machine issues to technicians.
· Provide safety orientation and job training.
· Enforce and uphold company policies and procedures.
· Resolve RT tickets assigned to Print room and Monitor the Print Queue.
· Ensure the print room is kept clean.
· Document and track departmental errors
· Attend company training and meetings, as needed.
· Perform internal print QC.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and meet basic job requirements. This position requires attention to detail, strong critical thinking and the ability to prioritize. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. While performing this job, the employee is regularly requested to stand, walk, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use their hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may also occasionally lift, pull, or push up to 50lbs. Due to strict mailing times and workload, this position requires punctuality and the ability to work extended hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Proficient in English.
· Associates degree or equivalent technical degree or work experience.
· Able to follow instructions both orally and in writing.
· Able to successfully lead a team.
· Possess a professional and courteous demeanor.
· Intermediate computer knowledge.
· Able to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
· Possess a minimum of 5 years print experience.
· Possess a minimum of 2 years lead or production supervisory experience.
· Able to operate all print equipment.
· Successfully complete pre-employment background and drug screening.
· Lift or move up to 50lbs.
· Stand for long periods of time.
· Frequently move around the machine.
· Detail oriented.
· Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Forklift certified
Additional Requirements (Preferred):
· Processing knowledge
· Lettershop experience
· CPR/First Aid certified
· 3 weeks of paid time off annually
· Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
· Supplemental life insurance
· Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
· Flexible Spending Account available
· 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.