Quality Control Specialist
OSG is a full-service partner in the design, production, and deployment of data-driven, highly personalized customer communications for businesses and nonprofit organizations. Delivering targeted, relevant, and dynamic messaging using print and digital media, OSG provides in-house solutions for secure communications, direct response, fulfillment, and healthcare communications.
- Monday – Friday
- 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
- $19/hr - Full time.
The Quality Control Specialist must have a clear understanding of the varied aspects of how orders are printed, processed and shipped. The QC Specialist will be responsible for reviewing order tickets and checking each step along the manufacturing process to assure the order is being printed, inserted, mailed or bulked according to directions. Any deviation must be addressed with a Production Supervisor or Director of Manufacturing. Orders that do not conform to the directions will be placed on HOLD until all issues have been resolved and the Director of Client Relations has given approval to continue the processing of the order(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test all features of the order once it reaches production
- Verify output produced by processes matches the expected output per system.
- Inspect all workflows: Print Books; GMC; Graphic Orders; Adobe; Reprints
- Reading 2-D barcode with and without selective codes
- Tagline Verification
- Bindery Operation: Cutting and Staple inspection; and verification of book sequence
- Inserting: Understanding the relationship of the Production Ticket to the Order
- Verification by the DDS verification system
- Inspection of presorted trays and palletizing with Mail.dat
- Confirm order matches production ticket
- Confirm correct envelopes have been used
- Confirm order correctly separated by weight
- Bulk: Inspect order to verify envelopes, inserts, books, and statements are correctly packaged.
- Ensure order is shipped per Production Ticket specifications i.e. USPS, FedEx or Special
- Be able to review Ticket-viewer proofs when concerns arise
- Understand Titan reporting and review QC reports
- Document and report all test results.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED minimum
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
The position of QC Specialist is considered moderate work. This is defined as exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Other physical abilities required for this position are reaching, walking, talking, hearing and close visual acuity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
- Flexible Spending Account available
- 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.”