Inserter Operator Night Shift
OSG is a global provider of leading customer engagement and payment solutions. We help clients integrate critical customer interactions to optimize working capital and drive profitable business growth. Our solutions aim to connect the entire customer experience by aligning transactional, payment, and marketing touchpoints for simplified operations and smarter engagement. Plugging into the power of our innovative technology and data-driven insights, we curate tailored, digital-first strategies for a range of industries. The goal: to modernize processes and create frictionless experiences. Our clients benefit from a partnership that values simplicity, security, and connectivity—for today's environment and tomorrow's innovation.
We are seeking a talented Inserter Operator (Night Shift) to join our team to help support and facilitate our growth and expansion of services.
- Sunday to Tuesday - 7PM to 7:30AM
- Wednesday to Friday - 7PM to 7:30AM
TOP 5 PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run high speed Pitney Bowes/BlueCrest mail insertion equipment in a manufacturing environment, including making minor machine adjustments
- Learn and understand the components of an invoice and how to inspect forms prior to inserting them into envelopes
- Read job setup instructions and postal manifest paperwork accurately for each job
- Load printed documents, inserts, and envelopes into various areas of the machine
- Interface with computer‐based tracking systems for the mail
TOP 5 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work in a shift and team environment and be at work every shift on time
- Ability to stand, lift 20‐40 lb. boxes of materials or trays of mail, bend, and twist for 13 hours shift
- Mechanical ability to adjust machinery and synchronize components
- Work under daily deadlines and quotas while producing top quality work
- Must be able to read and comprehend operator instructions
- Willingness to submit to a criminal background check & drug test
PLUS QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in a high‐speed mail room or printing environment.
- Trained and experienced on Pitney Bowes, Bell & Howell or similar Insertion equipment.
OTHER JOB‐RELATED INFORMATION:
- Ability to hear and understand daily direction from Shift Supervisor so they can perform all duties assigned.
- Moves Print Carts from Print department based on Production schedule or job list provided by Shift Supervisor
- Learns or if experienced knows the proper operation of Inserter equipment according to established procedures. Must be familiar with setup and operator adjustments of Inserter equipment.
- Ability to follow start‐up, shutdown and clean up procedures for Insertion equipment.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance (daily cleaning at start & end of each shift) of company's automated inserting equipment and for the work area surrounding the equipment.
- Remains flexible to assist other departments if needed. Will also assist with the sample process as needed.
- May assist Shift Supervisor to test and evaluate new materials against documented procedures
- Remains informed and adhere to establish safety and security procedures.
- Correctly handle mail (envelopes), tray sequentially to meet postal requirements for manifest mailing.
- Will learn to read Postal paperwork and be able to apply date and signature where required.
- Correctly stages the trayed mail for shipping to USPS or Pitney Bowes Presort.
- Any additional tasks that may be assigned to insure an efficient, safe, environmentally sound, goal‐ oriented work environment and profitable operation.
- Ensures Production and Break areas are always neat and orderly.
- During tenure, wear T‐shirts, as plain as possible, no offensive language or graphics/pictures allowed. All clothing must be neat & clean. Jeans or Khakis, not torn or shredded or frayed.
- Footwear must be closed toed, steel toes boots are not required, but footwear must be sturdy and safe.
- Follows all security and privacy requirements, attending training classes and adhering to company and departmental guidelines or policies.
OSG provides on‐the‐job training and structured training classes.
With the right attitude and the will to perform job functions accurately and effectively, OSG offers a tremendous opportunity for you ‐‐ the chance to succeed with a solid, stable company that provides world‐class services to the top companies in the U.S. and abroad.
Although experience on our same equipment is preferred, it is not necessary.
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
- Flexible Spending Account available
- 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.”