Diamond Communication Solutions an OSG Company is currently hiring Machine Mechanics (2nd Shift) to join our growing team at our facility in Carol Stream, IL! We offer competitive pay including a $1,000 sign-on bonuses & shift differential, healthcare benefits, paid vacation & time off, 401(k) plan, and much more. For more information visit, www.dmsolutions.com.
Pay Rate: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour PLUS $1,000 sign on bonus (pay increases with experience)
Diamond Communication Solutions is a full-service partner in the design, production, and deployment of data-driven, highly personalized customer communications for businesses and nonprofit organizations. Delivering targeted, relevant, and dynamic messaging using print and digital media, Diamond provides in-house solutions for secure communications, direct response, fulfillment, and healthcare communications. Watch Our Company Video: OSG Carol Stream on Vimeo
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as inserters (non-intelligent and intelligent), folders, stitchers and conveyors by performing the following duties to maintain quality and time quotas in accordance with company policy and Standard Operating Procedures. Employee is responsible for process integrity as described in the SOP’s for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Ability to handle all essential duties of lower level positions within the department (i.e., set up and run machines) on an as needed basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance of machines by cleaning and oiling parts as required.
- Examines form and texture of machine parts to detect imperfections.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision and follow instructions of supervisor.
- Starts equipment to test performance.
- Performs housekeeping duties as needed to keep the work area clean and clear of debris.
- Abides by the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) plus 1 to 2 years post-high school training in industrial maintenance program or 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.