OSG is a global provider of leading customer engagement and payment solutions. We help clients integrate critical customer interactions to optimize working capital and drive profitable business growth. Our solutions aim to connect the entire customer experience by aligning transactional, payment, and marketing touchpoints for simplified operations and smarter engagement. Plugging into the power of our innovative technology and data-driven insights, we curate tailored, digital-first strategies for a range of industries. The goal: to modernize processes and create frictionless experiences. Our clients benefit from a partnership that values simplicity, security, and connectivity—for today's environment and tomorrow's innovation.
OSG captures the moments of intersection between transactional, payment, and marketing services to holistically engage customers across platforms. We create more connected customer experiences by simplifying your business processes; transforming your operations; and unifying all communication touchpoints. Our comprehensive solutions embrace the modern consumer’s lifecycle, streamline the payment process, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
We are seeking a talented Compliance Analyst (Remote) to join our team to help support and facilitate our growth and expansion of services.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset, but also be able to translate data into action for a fast-paced firm experiencing rapid transformation. Possessing a curious mindset, this critical hire will develop recommendations that influence all parts of the organization including Commercial, Financial and the overall Customer Journey. Working remotely, the individual will have the opportunity to work and engage with the organization, including the C-suite.
- Coordinate client initiated and third party audits (SOC, PCI) for OSG business lines including the delivery of audit evidence and determined remediation measures to maintain company compliance.
- Coordinate and interpret all level of regulations (Federal, State, Local) and assist OSG and its subsidiaries in determining how best to comply with affecting regulations.
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Others as determined (GDPR, CCPA etc.)
- Provide opinions to SVP of Corporate Compliance and business heads on any compliance or regulatory requirements within incoming contracts and regulatory documents including statement of works, NDAs, and BAAs as requested.
- Support and assist Compliance Team in delivering corporate wide mandated in person or remote training to all OSG employees and members of its workforce including contractors and vendors if deemed necessary.
- Assist OSG Vendor Management program in delivery and cataloging all determining documentation and responses in support of the Vendor Management program.
- This includes the ability to read and interpret responses and under guidance from SVP of Corporate Compliance or program lead and assign criticality and risk ratings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both written and verbally to all levels of business and senior management.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate an intense and often time sensitive workload requiring prioritization based on direction or feedback from SVP of Corporate Compliance and or business lines and their clientele.
- Performs other duties and work as assigned by SVP of Corporate Compliance or team lead.
- Abides by the policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Experienced with Risk Management and Risk Assessments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Skills that include: Legal and Regulatory Compliance, Thoroughness, Client Relationships, Management level communication, Research Skills, Reporting Research Results, Building Relationships, Coordination, Audit, General Math Skills. Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university and at least one year related experience; or Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and at least three years demonstrated experience. Internal candidates with corporate and business knowledge will be considered. Experience with SOC Principles and audits, HIPAA/HITECH, Payment Card Industry (PCI), NACHA or data protection and privacy regulations desired but not required.
- 3 weeks of paid time off annually
- Medical, dental, vision plans, employee assistance program, as well as life insurance and LTD plans
- Supplemental life insurance
- Voluntary accident and critical illness insurance, respectively
- Flexible Spending Account available
- 401k plan
OSG offers equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.”